Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Bath & Body Works fragrance mists


When I fell in love ULTA's Precious Poppies Fragrance mist back in September, I developed a fixation for fragrances. Though I'm not a complete stranger to perfumes (DKNY fresh blossom, Clinique happy, Taylor Swift Enchanted Wonderstruck), for everyday happiness I'm more comfortable with the less intense, more subtle approach. 

These three came home with me all in the same day. One transaction. Triplets, you may even say. 

Love Love Love: "A lovely trio of white plum, peony petals, and glittering vanilla musk." Several bones to pick there, starting with how glittering can qualify as an aromatic descriptor. It does smell fruity and sweet, with a hint of holiday - you may get a whiff of this if you ever got the chance to hug a sugarplum fairy. 

Warm Vanilla Sugar: Smells just like how it sounds. I was torn between this and Cashmere Glow, which had a quiet musky undertone. I ended up with this one because it's mellow, comforting, and indulgent.  This in the winter makes me feel like a toasty marshmallow.

Secret Wonderland: "Luscious strawberry, frosted jasmine petals and white amber." What an incredibly ornate description. This one is the muskiest of the three, which is softened by the floral and fruity undertones. Because it's so strong ("pointy" is what I feel it is), I don't wear it as often but when I do, it stays with me all day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment