Sunday, November 11, 2012

NYX Bohemian Chic Nude Matte Palette


My love affair with cosmetics spans all of high end and drugstore makeup. I like to think I place my bets wisely - every-day staples & skincare? High end. Transient trends? Drug.

After the glorious Naked Palette [Urban Decay], I became entranced by every neutral eye shadow palette that crossed my path. The NYX Bohemican Chick Nude Matte Palette was no exception.. 24 shadows! 2 blushes! All neutral! $18! My wallet as undone. 


One of my favorite things about this palette is that the bottom tray includes 6 muted colors that work perfectly with the 18 neutrals on the top tray. I love me some variety! 

The answer to the big question - quality - is that it's close to great for under $20. Some of the shades apply lighter than they appear in the palette, but for the most part I'm satisfied. I don't expect a lot from drugstore brands; I certainly don't hold them to the same standards as some of the high-end products. 

That being said, I'm happy to report that these are pretty soft and pretty pigmented.



Bottom line: I use this palette every day, which makes the purchase worth it. 

I love mattes in the winter - there's a warmth to the finish; something about it goes so well with knits and boots. Bring it on, sub-60 temperatures! 









No comments:

Post a Comment