Monday, September 24, 2012

September: stuff i liked & stuff i didn't like so much


Preface:
Over the years I've seen a healthy amount of beauty products come and go from my stash.  Along the way I've discovered stuff that is so great that I don't even touch the same product from other brands. And that is saying a lot, coming from a person who is easily seduced by new products that are riding on a carriage of marketing half-truths ("Clinically proven to reduce blemishes by 70%!"... "24-hour staying power!"..."Smudge-free!").

For nail polish top coat this is Seche Vite, for pencil eyeliner it's Sephora Kohl Waterproof liner in Keep Black.  For the rest of my routinely used products, I'm still on the hunt. So I try new things from time to time, hoping I'll find my Holy Grail :)

P.S. I struggled to come up with a more efficiently worded title but it really wasn't happening.



 

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash (pink grapefruit) - Disaster. It dried out my skin so badly that I literally had skin flaking off of my cheeks. I also had a crusty lip. Sorry to be gross, but that is what happened. Gross hit me in the face and stayed there for 2 weeks. 

Ulta Sheer Fragrance Mist (precious poppies) - Ultimate champion winner.  Fragrance is entirely subjective so I won't try to sell this one too hard, but it's light and fruity and happy and I love!!

OPI (my very first knockwurst) - It's hard to be on board with fall colors when the weather is so blaringly summer...will revisit later. 

L'Oreal Color Riche Balm (caring coral) - I really like this. I'm a fan of all tinted balms because I'm afraid of actual lip colors. My eyes freak out when they see my face with a painted lip. 

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara (blackest black) - It's OK. Not as good as my long-time-favorite-but-not-quite-a-permanent-fixture mascara, which is the Maybelline Falsies right underneath. 

L'Oreal Magic Lumi Corrector (light) - I am too dark for this right now. But gosh darn it i'll find use for it in my paler months, because I'm not putting $8.00 to waste!

No comments:

Post a Comment