Friday, November 16, 2012

marie antoinette nails




The only reason I call these "Marie Antoinette" nails is because it was inspired by a singular image from Sophia Coppola's 2006 film.  In this production still is Kristen Dunst, sitting back on a luxuriously cushy pastel blue chair in a decadent white dress, salmon pink tulle peeking through the bottom. There are trays of pastries in the background and a french maid in the foreground. 

I love everything about this image. This is how I feel on a late Saturday afternoon sitting in a beauty salon. It's how I feel when I allow myself the luxury of room service, and as I'm being ushered into a room at a spa. 

"ahh, this is the life." -- that feeling. 

Soft colors and unapologetic bling: that's what I channeled when I made these. 



No comments:

Post a Comment