Sunday, December 2, 2012

Lancome Virtuose Doll Eyes Mascara


Whenever my mom goes to Japan to visit family, she brings me back a treat - sometimes it's Hello Kitty trinkets, sometimes it's makeup. She knows me so, so well. Best mom ever. 

I'm not usually one to splurge on mascara, so this is exciting. But also dangerous. What if it's so impressive that I can no longer be satisfied with my beloved drugstore mascara brands....

....I tried it anyway. You know, because i'm a daredevil.

And it was impressive. 



The little spikey bits? Those are the fibers that attach to the ends of your lashes to add length. I applied 2 coats and there was no clumping, no crunchy lashes. It felt lightweight and the results were pretty dramatic. 

I love it, and I hate that I love it because there goes the Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara that I was TOTALLY satisfied with just a second ago. 


Top: Without Mascara || Bottom: With 2 coats of Lancome Viruose Doll Eyes Mascara


Hello, fluttery lashes. Goodbye, all of my money.  

What's the bottom line? Will I really never touch a drugstore mascara again? Nah, I'm too budget-conscious to be replenishing a $30 mascara every few months. 

But the Lancome Virtuose Doll Eyes Mascara makes my lashes look so naturally pretty. Maybe it's something I put on my birthday wishlist, and then again on my holiday wishlist.. [insert sneaky laugh]  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment