Thursday, December 27, 2012

e.l.f. Contouring Blush & Bronzer Powder in St. Lucia


I think I like this. It's hard not to like a product that costs $3, especially when it's not a terrible disappointment. 

I was definitely more enamored by the e.l.f. contouring blush & bronzer duo the first few times that I used it. Both sides of the palette deposits a soft, subtle color onto my skin, which most brands label as "natural beige." 

The trouble comes when I try to build up the color; too much of the product results in a visibly powdery, cakey texture. 

The softness of the colors are great for every day, natural,"I wake up looking this great" look (you know, the "i'm not wearing any makeup" look that takes you 30 minutes to execute).



The photo above was taken before any usage. After a few weeks, I started to see little clumpy bits of product that lay beneath the deceptively smooth surface. Did not affect the performance of either the blush or the bronzer, though.



The bronzer looks incredibly orange on the swatch, but used in moderation with a big fluffy brush, it doesn't look so much like a fake tan. 

Do you own it? Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment