Tuesday, September 4, 2012

one week of outfits



What do I wear today?  It's 5 minutes past the time I should be out the door but I am just standing there like a Stonehenge in front of the dresser, seeing the 50 separate pieces but unable to see an outfit.

I am not a fashion daredevil. I take virtually zero risks, and when no one is looking I spend an entire day in the same tank and leggings that I woke up in. I am only marginally ashamed to admit that at my previous job, I used to walk into the office in said outfit. It was a very relaxed environment.

The nature of my current job places me in a precarious position where I can be yanked into a meeting at any moment of the day. I learned the importance of proper attire when, sometime in my earlier days, I ended up in a conference room with various EVPs in my hello kitty tank. Hello Kitty wearing shutter shades.

In the morning haze, I can never get the gears in my brain moving quickly enough to pair pants with a top with a jacket with jewelry with shoes. So this week, I planned ahead :)

Bonus pic of Emma interrupting my shots:






No comments:

Post a Comment