Friday, September 21, 2012

BakeGreek and cookies


Most nights when I sit in front of my laptop, I open Google Reader and educate myself on the global  headlines of celebrity news. Or bookmark yet another food blog recipe that I will probably never get around to realizing. 

Most nights I also end up on facebook, wading through food pictures, sports-related exclamations, baby photos and self-advertisements to try to find what really matters (travel photos, wedding announcements, personal drama aired out on the internet, etc). 

Sometimes though, I don't make it to the internet at all. In my archive of personal photos are over 10 years of memories, and on rare occasions I get caught up looking through them. Reliving the dorm life, the day I was knee-deep in mud water planting rice, the week I spent in Greece.

Today I came across the photos of cookies I made for BakeGreek.  It's kind of a bittersweet memory, because I remember just how excited I was to be a part of this project. I also remember how worn out I became, entirely due to my own over-ambition and self-applied pressure. When it all ended, I was exhausted and I hated that I could no longer enjoy something that I used to love.

Looking at these photos now makes me miss it a little bit. Maybe one day, when I'm struck by inspiration of the greatest idea in all of human history (because I feel this about all of my ideas), I'll make one. Not because it's time for a new blog entry, or because I'm getting paid, or because I need to prove something. Just because I feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment