Wednesday, August 15, 2012

i am the caffeinator


By late Monday morning, I'm already half way through my cup of consolation. Woe is me, I cannot be further away from the weekend.

On Wednesdays I usually treat myself to a tall order of pick-me-up. You see, I need it because after the most depressing day of the week that is Tuesday, there really isn't anything else that would stop me from just giving up entirely. On breathing. 

When Friday finally arrives I celebrate with a mega grande pat on the back. Kudos matey to surviving Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, AND Friday! Holy employee of the month!

All melodrama aside, I do have a heavy dependency on coffee. It is literally (and I do not use the term "literally" lightly) an instant mood enhancer. My productivity at work skyrockets to the point where I feel justified in sneaking it into my expense reports from time to time. 

All this is beginning to sound as if I am one enormously lazy bum who is bitterly unhappy with her job - absolutely not true. This is just how I get when I go without coffee for longer than 36 hours. 




No comments:

Post a Comment