Monday, August 13, 2012

glitter accent nails


Anyone who knows me is aware that I am a nail enthusiast - there's probably a more accurate, but less glamorous, term for what is actually a legit addiction to nail polish, but facing such realities is not one of my forte. 

I have tons of glitter polish I could have used, but my favorite way to do this is to dip my entire finger in a pot of glitter. It gives a chunky, thick pile that when finished with a top coat, looks way dynamic and dimensional. Like glitter in a snow globe. 





I start with a base coat, then apply gold nail polish - this is so that any bald spots won't be as noticeable.
[pictured: China Glaze I'm Not Lion]

The rest is pretty self-explanatory. Dip, tap & brush excess off. Top Coat. 
[pictured: LA Splash Nail Art Glitter in Lady Luck] 

The rest of my fingers are in Essie's A Crewed Interest, which is easily one of my favorite summer nail polishes :)







No comments:

Post a Comment