Sunday, July 12, 2015

Maybelline Color Blur by Lip Studio Review & Swatches

Let me start out by saying that I haven't been this excited about a drugstore lip product since the Revlon Lip Butter collection. As with any product there are pros and cons, but let's celebrate Maybelline for embracing an asian makeup trend and creating a high-performing, affordable drugstore line in a beautiful range of colors! Hurrah!

Price: $7.99 each (purchased at CVS) 
Double ended cream matte pencil & smudger

From top to bottom:
40 My My Magenta
30 Partner in Crimson
15 Berry Misbehaved
45 I'm Blushing
50 I Like to Mauve It


The idea behind the ColorBlur lip pencils is to apply the pigment on the inner 1/3 of your lips, then "blur" the shades outwards with the other end of the stick, which is a white rubbery tip. I find that your finger works just as fine, if not better, at blending out the color but I appreciate the inclusion of the smudger. 

The consistency of the lip pencil is very smooth, with incredible pigmentation that is true to the color of the packaging. I do find that where the product is easy to apply and blend, the staying power is not as strong. I would recommend lightly dusting with translucent powder to prolong the wear. 


Maybelline Color Blur Lip Pencils Swatches


Ombre Lip Blur look using 15 Berry Misbehaved & Em by Michelle Phan lipstick in Cabana Beige



No comments:

Post a Comment